Looking for Effective
Weight Loss Tips?
Maybe I am not a true expert on weight
loss, but at least I know how not to gain
weight especially when you come from Europe to America and have 2 children in a row. And how to keep it off. I understand that everybody is different and that my tips don't have to
work for everyone. But I hope to inspire you to discover your body
and your health to learn what works for you the best.
- Do some cleansing first. It is a great jump start to easy weight loss. Give your body a break. Go to bed hungry. You will be amazed with the results when you wake up in the morning! Your body will thank you. Fasting is the fast-est way how to lose weight and is completely safe. It is the hardest thing to do, but don't worry, you are not going to die if you don't eat 12-24 hours, even 12-24 days! In fact, your body will have the opportunity to heal itself and 21-day juice fast will completely detoxify your body, flush fat and reset body weight.
Start the day with a glass of
water (room temperature) with lemon juice and cayenne pepper (if you can handle it).
Cayenne is a known circulatory stimulant. Combining cayenne with lemon raises the body temperature and increases your metabolism. It helps to detoxify the digestive and lymph system.
Drink 8 glasses of purified
water every day. Ideally, you can add some organic apple cider
vinegar to each glass of water, one of the best detoxifiers for
body's intestinal tract. And always drink your water at room temperature.
No fast food, no MSG, no aspartame
(diet sodas)! Modify your diet. Instead of processed snacks loaded with salt or cheap candy full of corn syrup and artificial colors, get some almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds or make homemade kale chips, granola bars or light soups.
Try to eliminate bread and sugar,
but if you have to eat sweet (like me), choose organic raw chocolate, raw honey or
100% pure maple syrup. Make this indulgence a holiday. When I tried to lose weight, I ate super healthy 5 x a week and on weekends I had a little dessert or fried chicken.
- Throw your genetically modified canola oil to the trash and start cooking with healthy oils, like coconut oil or hemp seed oil. They are full of benefits and help you lose excessive weight.
- Include some green leafy vegetables in your meals. Best when raw. Can't force yourself to eat them? Buy a simple juicer, blender or nutrition extractor and start juicing! It's the best way to eat spinach, collard greens, sprouts, kale etc. Plus, unpasteurized fresh juice contains all the vitamins, minerals, fluids, enzymes, amino acids and chlorophyll. Don't pay for store-bought juices even though they say "natural". They are drastically pasteurized, which means they have very low nutritional value.
- Do some light exercise, whatever you find joy in. Dancing, jogging, yoga, even walking for the beginning is great as long as your muscles move instead of sitting all day. But don't force yourself. If your schedule is hectic and you are constantly on the go, what's the sense of doing it if you put your body through another amount of stress?
- You don't have to do this all at once. Be patient and do one thing at a time. You will be proud of yourself every time you say no to your cravings and yes to your health!
After my first baby was born, I was
obsessed to get back in the shape where I was before. With a little
extra weight from the pregnancy I felt unattractive, clumsy and
heavy. So I made every effort to take some time between
breastfeeding, changing diapers, cradling baby to go to sleep and
cooking meals to work out like crazy. I was so tired and drained, but
I would still put a Wii on and do my workout. Yes, it made me lose
some pounds, but I needed to sleep! On top of that, I got pregnant
So after few months I gave up and could
afford to get some sleep and not think about what I put in my mouth.
That is the best part of the pregnancy anyway! :) When my second baby
was born, I felt clumsy and heavy again, but I was ok with it. I knew
that there's a way to lose weight with nutrition. And I was
willing to try it. Basically, when you start doing things I point out
in 9 ways to go natural and how to read food labels, you're on the
great start to natural weight loss immediately.
After you do the detox, the key to safe weight loss is a diet. You lose more weight if you change your eating habits than when you sweat in the gym 5 times a week and still eat what you want. Of course, physical training plays an important role in all weight loss programs, but you can lose weight even without it.
To speed things up here are some extra weight loss tips:
- Day 1: Purely fruit day: Divide the 3-4 lbs of fresh fruit into 5-6 portions for the day. One portion means a bigger apple, 10 oz of berries or 8-10 oz of fresh squeezed fruit juice.
- Day 2: Purely vegetable day: Let's have 8 oz of vegetable juice in the morning and then divide 4 lbs of various sort of veggies into 5-6 portions.
- Day 3: Fruit & vegetable day when during the whole day we eat fruit and veggies in turn, never both at the same time. In all cases do not forget to drink a lot of fluids, not with the meals though. 15 minutes before and 60 min after the meal, our bodies do not need any fluid at all. If we want to significantly change the weight, emphasize on eating vegetables, they contain less sugar and less calories.
- Eat anything you want as long as it is organic. Do not eat after 6 pm.
- Eat anything as long as it is properly combined (carbohydrates with vegetables, protein with vegetables, fruit and vegetables separately).
- Get to know a flax seed. It is one of the best food resources how to balance quick weight loss and maintain regular bowel movements. It isn't aggressive laxative, it assists releasing the stool mechanically. You can take 2 tablespoons of milled flax seed in yogurt, cottage cheese or rice pudding 2-3 times a day and you will see how easily you "go". It usually takes 2-3 days to take effect, it depends how intoxicated your colon is, so be patient. Flax seed has absolutely no side effects and you can take it daily, it is not addictive. The most effective way is to grind the seeds right before use and consume within 24 hours. Store them in the refrigerator. They can go rancid very rapidly.
Trust me, throughout past years, I have tried this all. And everything worked as long as I didn't change my mind. So whatever your preference is, when you choose some weight loss tips to follow, stick with them until you achieve your dream weight. And enjoy the results!
Return from Weight Loss Tips to NaturalSelfHeal